Achieving Fairness in Economic Opportunities by Restoring Jobs, Housing and Economic Opportunities.
The Economic Empowerment initiative will primarily focus on goals, Including:
- Promote and support black and brown-owned businesses and link them with existing resources.
- Educate people and communities on the benefits of ownership
- Develop and support plans for Opportunity Zones and bring together projects and investors, helping put the black and brown dollar back into the community.
- Work with Economic Developers, Chambers, and health organizations to promote programs across the state.
- Develop legislation and initiatives to address racial, economic inequality.
- Increase community engagement with state and local governments relative to job development, business and contracting opportunities, and economic development planning.
- Expand programs that provide financial literacy for community members of all ages. Consider financial literacy courses as a key core competency and requirement for high school graduation.
- Develop partnerships with government, private and nonprofit sectors for high school students and enroll them in higher education immediately connected with employers, whether through jobs, internships, apprenticeships, or service-learning programs. Helping create a pipeline tour youth earlier to build more of a diverse workforce for Colorado.